Reproductive Health – Family Planning; Pregnancy Testing; STI Services
We are pleased to announce that Dawn Lowe has joined our Reproductive Health staff and is available by appointment during the clinic held each Thursday. Dawn has over 20 years experience in health care with 14 years as Certified Nurse Midwife. Dawn will provide both male and female reproductive health, contraception, and STI Services.
“It’s important to me that people have quality health care that makes them feel cared for, valued, and empowered. I am happy to be a part of the Somerset County Health Department’s Reproductive Health Services team”.
–Dawn Lowe, CNM
Somerset County Health Department offers a variety of reproductive health services to teens and women of childbearing age, as well as males.
- Routine GYN exams
- Screening for cervical cancer (pap smear)
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections, including testing for HIV
- Variety of birth control methods, information and education
- Pregnancy testing, counseling, and referral to community resources
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Preconceptual counseling and pregnancy preparedness counseling and education
- Emergency contraception
- Free condoms
- Colposcopy services available on-site (for abnormal pap smear)
- Additional services may be available based on individual need
Appointments available weekly, on Thursday.
Nurse counseling available Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Teen friendly services; due to federal law teens can receive confidential reproductive health services without parental permission.
- Fees are based on income; no one is denied services due to inability to pay
- Fees may be billed to Medicaid and some private insurance plans
The goal of the Babies Born Healthy Program at Somerset County Health Department is to improve birth outcomes and reduce infant mortality in our community. Early prenatal care is very important; if you suspect you might be pregnancy call the health department to request a pregnancy test.
Additional pregnancy related health information is available at: