Medical Assistance Transportation
443-523-1722 (If that number is busy or not working, please call 410.651.5630)
What we do?
This service provides transportation for those customers that have a current medical assistance card and need transportation to and from medical appointments only. To schedule medical transportation, the customer must call by 12:00pm two days before services are required.
**Note: Appointments scheduled in Worcester County or out of county will be scheduled to ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. You must have your ride scheduled by noon two days before services are required. The cut-off time for appointments in Worcester County is 2:00 p.m; and the cut-off time for appointments out of county is 1:00 pm. For more information or questions, contact 443.523-1722
Frequently Asked Questions – MA Transportation Consumer Guidelines
Do I qualify for Medical Assistance Transportation?
To qualify for a Medical Assistance ride you must:
- Reside in Somerset County
- Be going to a Medicaid covered, medically necessary medical appointment
- Have full Medicaid benefits
- Have no other means of transportation available to you:
- No car registered in your name
- No family member or friend who can drive you
- Do not live on a bus route
How do I schedule a ride?
Call 443-523-1722 by noon two days before your appointment. Make sure you know the exact location for your appointment and the correct appointment time before you call. All out of county appointments need to be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance and we must receive a referral from your primary care physician.
How do I cancel my ride?
Call 443-523-1722 to cancel a scheduled ride.
Can someone ride with me?
- You must have a note from your doctor saying that it is medically necessary for someone to ride with you to your appointment.
- For more information or questions, call to speak with the program coordinator.
Do I need to provide my own car seat?
Yes you must have a car seat with you when transportation arrives to pick you up.
Will the bus driver assist me if I am in a wheelchair?
No, you must have an attendee with you when transportation arrives to assist you with getting on and off the bus/van.
FORMS – Statewide Medical Assistance Provider Certification.