(March 24, 2020, Princess Anne, MD) Somerset County Government has issued an Emergency Declaration and announced additional actions to protect public health and limit the spread of COVID-19 in Maryland. These changes will enable essential services to continue and provide protection for employees and the public.
- Effective 8:00 am on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, and until further notice, the county will operate on a modified schedule.
- Non-essential employees will telework from home and only essential employees are required to report to County buildings
- Great Hope Golf Course and the Caddyshack Restaurant are closed to the public
- The Somerset County Landfill and Transfer Stations will operate under a limited schedule
Please be advised that the COVID-19 emergency is a rapidly changing situation and actions are subject to change.
For questions, updates, and more information about Somerset County’s response, please visit www.somersetmd.us.
All residents are urged to practice these personal precautions to protect yourself and others:
- Unless you have an essential reason to leave your house, stay at home
- Maintain social distancing-remain at least 6 feet from others
- Wash your hands often and sanitize surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- If you feel unwell call your health care provider for guidance
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. These measures are designed to keep the people of Somerset County healthy during the current outbreak and mitigate further spread of the virus. For more information about COVID-19, please visit health.maryland.gov.