(Westover, MD) – The Somerset County Health Department has announced its vaccination schedule for the month of December. All events will be at 8928 Sign Post Road, Westover, MD. Somerset Health is offering primary series and new (bivalent) booster doses of Pfizer and Moderna to eligible persons. Appointment is preferred but not required. Clinics are as follows:
- Age 6 months to 5 years, Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Ages 5 and older, Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Ages 5 and older, Fridays, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
A bivalent COVID-19 booster will help eligible persons maximize their protection, prolong the vaccine’s durability, and safeguard our communities against the virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends individuals get vaccinated and stay up to date with all recommended doses. New (bivalent) booster dose eligibility is as follows:
- Ages 5 and older are eligible for a Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent booster dose at least 2 months after their previous booster dose or 2 months after completing their initial primary vaccine series.
- Ages 6 and older are eligible for a Moderna bivalent booster dose at least 2 months after their previous booster dose or 2 months after completing their initial primary vaccine series.
To schedule an appointment, please call 443-523-1920 during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). For more information on COVID, visit the Somerset County Health Department’s website at www.somersethealth.org. Follow us on Facebook (@somersethealthmd), Instagram (@somersethealthmd), and Twitter (@somersethdmd).