SOMERSET COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES AUGUST COVID-19 VACCINATION SCHEDULE
(Westover, MD) – The Somerset County Health Department has announced its vaccination schedule for the month of August. All events will be at the Somerset County Health Department, Section C, 8928 Sign Post Road, Suite 2, Westover, MD. Somerset Health is offering 1st, 2nd, 3rd (additional) and booster doses of Pfizer and Moderna to eligible persons. Appointment is preferred but not required. Clinics are as follows:
- Age 6 months to 5 years, Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Ages 5 and older, Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Ages 5 and older, Fridays, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Individuals eligible for one (1) booster, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Everyone ages 5 and older can get one (1) booster after completing their COVID-19 vaccine primary series (2 doses of Pfizer, 2 doses of Moderna or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson).
Individuals eligible for two (2) boosters, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Adults age 50 years and older
- People ages 12 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised
- People who got two (2) doses (1 primary dose and 1 booster) of Johnson & Johnson
To schedule an appointment, please call 443-523-1920 during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). For more information on COVID, visit the Somerset County Health Department’s website at www.somersethealth.org. Follow us on Facebook (@somersethealthmd), Instagram (@somersethealthmd), and Twitter (@somersethdmd).