(Westover, MD) – The Somerset County Health Department has announced its vaccination schedule for the month of October. All events will be at the Somerset MAC Inc., 8928 Sign Post Road, Suite 3, Westover, MD. Vaccinations will be every Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It is a walk-in event, open to individuals 18 and older. No appointment is needed. We are offering the Moderna as well as Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccines.
We are currently only offering additional doses of Moderna to immunocompromised individuals only. Those who are immunocompromised are especially vulnerable to COVID-19 because they are at higher risk of serious, prolonged illness. Included in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendation are:
- Individuals who are receiving active cancer treatment
- Individuals who received an organ transplant (within the last 2 years) and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Individuals who received a stem cell transplant (within the last 2 years) and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Individuals with a moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency
- Individuals with advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Individuals who are receiving active treatment with high dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress the immune system
For those who received Johnson and Johnson, the CDC does not recommend an additional dose at this time.
This event will not be open for media coverage. The Somerset County Health Department believes the protection and the privacy of those being vaccinated is paramount. We are asking to please provide our patients the same level of privacy.
To schedule an appointment, please call 443-523-1920 during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). For more information on COVID, visit the Somerset County Health Department’s website at www.somersethealth.org.