Health & Fire Safety Preparedness
Work on this part of your plan during September & October
- Everyone over six months old should get an annual flu vaccine
- Learn how to prevent spread of communicable diseases by visiting www.cdc.gov for fact sheets (hand washing, respiratory etiquette, stay home when sick, stay 6 ft. from someone coughing)
- Check your supplies for taking care of sick persons as supplies could be limited during a pandemic flu event and or weather events in which transportation is disrupted (tissues, hand sanitizer, fever reducing medications, thermometer, and surface cleaners)
- Be proactive in your community to prevent flu spread by encouraging mitigation strategies at social gatherings
- Check batteries in your smoke detector and replace unit every 10 years
- Review your family evacuation plan including where to assemble outside in the event of a fire at home.
- Review your workplace evacuation plan.
- Visit www.nfpa.org/education for Fire prevention tips